Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Day One

Goal: Submit an entry to the Seattle Times Three Minute Masterpiece contest.  Deadline, midnight April 20.

Six days.  Not a whole lot of time.

I’ve got a concept.  I have tools (fast computer, good monitor, CS4 editions of Premiere and After Effects).  I had an old Sony DV camera, which crapped out last week. 

This morning I ordered the Canon VIXIA HFS100 HD Camcorder from Amazon.  Overnight shipping should get it here by tomorrow.  Need to get an SDHC card from Costco or Cameras West.

Part of my concept involves some video footage sort of flying around a room like circling birds.  I know AE has the power to do something like that, but I don’t have the AE skillz to make it happen.  Since I don’t have the camera yet I am spending today checking out the “Learn AE” videos on Adobe’s site.  So far, they’re pretty good.

UPDATE: My effort to shave off the cost of a latte (shipping charges from Amazon) resulted in wasted time going to Costco and Cameras West, where I discovered the “average” consumer has no interest in card capacities over 4GB.  Luckily I still had 51 minutes left to order the card from Amazon and have it delivered by tomorrow.

Need to get back to my shot list.

No comments:

Post a Comment