Monday, April 13, 2009

About this blog

It’s pretty straightforward.  I want to make movies.  I don’t put any further structure on it—I don’t care if it’s “TV” or Film or YouTube or whatever.  I do know that my own interests lie in dramatic storytelling in sci-fi settings, but I'm open to whatever.

In fact, there probably has never been a better time for someone like me to go from “I want to make movies” to actually creating and distributing movies with very little startup or operational cost.  With YouTube and other venues like it you get a venue.  With Premiere Pro and software like it you get Nonlinear Editing and Visual Effects tools better than what the Pros used just a few years ago.  With HD video cameras at $1,000 or less you’ve got all the hardware you need to capture your opus.

I’ve written a number of screenplays over the years (never sold any).  I’ve got some ideas of what I would want to make.  I’ve got some connections into the Biz.

I hope to share here my journey, be it a success or failure, long or short, so that others who care to embark on a similar journey can learn from mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment